Statcounter code

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Photoshelter Collection is dead


I was shooting in the Badlands in South Dakota (seen here) when a message on my Blackberry told me that Photoshelter was quitting the Stock business. I was dissapointed but not surprised.
They were/are good folks, who treated photographers fairly, but their business plan was more of a social movement than a real business. While we all want to change the world, we also have to eat in the meantime and that means compromise.
Henry Luce (the founder of Time Inc) was asked what the most important thing was for a magazine, and he replied, "To stay in business". Too true and too bad for the good folks at Photoshelter.
Now it's going to take me about a week to retreive my work and reorganize my files and life. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment