Statcounter code

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Mea Culpa

 
I've been remiss in adding new work to this site for a long time. Way too long.
 
So, I'll try to make it up with the lovely Four Seasons in Scottsdale, shown below. The Sonoran desert in July isn't anybody's first choice and this is the second time I've shot in Scottsdale in the middle of summer. Only Mad Dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun, wrote Noel Coward. While I'm guilty of the second, he could have also added photographers shooting resorts in the off season. Only makes sense folks.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Classic Adobe architectural styling in the middle of the Sonoran desert about 40 minutes out of town and around the corner to Troon North golf course, which has stunning topography and landscaping. I keep promising myself to shoot there but never have.
 
On the way back, I actually had the joy of getting goosed by a TSA agent at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix. Something about my groin area in the body scan they said as I was sent over for the full experience of having a man in uniform rub his hands all over me. He was very efficient and polite though and I only giggled a couple of times. Noel Coward would have appreciated the irony.